Saturday, 24 October 2009
Fourth year. Listening: Robots in Japan
Click here to watch a video and say whether the following statements are TRUE or FALSE.
1. The first robot we see acts as a mannequin in a shop window
2. The robot moves in an mechanic way, repeating the same poses over and over again.
3. Hotel rooms in Tokyo are cleaned by robots.
4. Religion is closely linked to the Japanese vision of robots because they believe inanimate objects have a soul.
5. There are robots which could evolve in self-drive cars which can communicate with each other.
6. Home robots are easy to build and inexpensive.
7. You can find a few robot shops in a couple of big cities in Japan.
8. The shop assistant wishes she could build a robot with a heart one day.
Click here to see the correct answers.