Sunday, 29 November 2009
B2 - Listening: Black Friday
Click here to watch a video about Black Friday and say whether the statements below are TRUE or FALSE.
1. The day is called Black Friday because many people died in a fire that day many years ago.
2. There were no stampedes to go into the store when shops opened their doors in Springfield.
3. Last year retailers did better than this year.
4. Many people are having it rough this year because of the economic recession.
5. The Daily Hampshire Gazette's campaign aim to get 700,000 dollars this year.
Click here for the answers.