Watch the video above and answer the questions:
- How are potatoes often used?
- How can you cook squash?
- How is parsley used?
- How is ginger used?
- Are yams and sweet potatoes the same?
- How is the sweet potato different to the yam?
- How can you use broccoli?
- How are parsnips cooked?
- How is cabbage cooked?
- How are bean sprouts used?
- How are green onions used?
- When are Brussels sprouts used?
- Who loves carrots?
Watch the following video and complete the sentences below:
- Fennel has a _________________flavour
- Avocados have light green ________________and used in a Mexican ____________ called guacamole
- Radishes are red and come in different __________________and they’re slightly __________________.
- Chinese cabbage is used in ________________________ /// ______________________and coleslaw
- __________________ beets are served hot and cold
- Kale needs quite a lot of cooking in order to make it ____________________
- Garlic is a __________________________of ________________________
- Shallots are used in French cooking and have a ____________________flavour than the onion
- Hot peppers are used in ___________________, Mexican, and some Chinese cooking
- Corn can be eaten cold, hot, or in a ________________
- There’s artichoke ___________________which is used in salads and the leaves are _________________
- Green beans are _________________and ______________________
Click here to check your answers