- Nicked: stolen
- War booty: Stolen goods in the war
- Unravel a mystery: To solve a mystery
- Flaunt one's wealth: To show off/ to display ostentatiously
- Poppycock: Nonsense
- Window sill:
- Where is the Arnolfini portrait on display?
- How did the museum acquire the painting?
- Who did the painting originally belong to?
- What does the gallery’s catalogue say about the mystery of the painting?
- How does the catalogue interpret the fruit on the windows?
- What does the man on the video say about the fruit?
- What did cherries represent?
Click here to see the answer to your questions.
Watch the rest of the video to learn more about the portrait.