Levels

Wednesday 13 May 2015

First year - A1. Song: Tom's diner

Listen to the song below and fill in the gaps with verbs in the present simple and continuous:


I ________________________In the morning

At the diner

On the corner

I _________________________

At the counter

For the man

To pour the coffee

And he fills it

Only halfway

And before

I even ________________

He _____________________

Out the window

At somebody

Coming in

It is always

Nice to see you

Says the man

Behind the counter

To the woman

Who has come in

She is shaking

Her umbrella

And I _____________________

The other way

As they ______________________

Their hellos

And I'm pretending

Not to see them

And Instead

I pour the milk

I _________________

Up the paper

There's a story

Of an actor

Who had died

While he was drinking

He was no one

I had heard of

And I'm turning

To the horoscope

And looking

For the funnies

When I'm ______________

Someone watching me

And so

I raise my head

There's a woman

On the outside

Looking inside

Does she _________________ me?

No she does not

Really see me

'Cause she sees

Her own reflection

And I'm trying

Not to notice

That she's hitching

Up her skirt

And while she's

Straightening her stockings

Her hair

Is getting wet

Oh, this rain

It will continue

Through the morning

As I'm ________________

To the bells

Of the cathedral

I am _________________

Of your voice

And of the midnight picnic

Once upon a time

Before the rain began

And I ___________________ up my coffee

And it's time to catch the train



Click here to check your answers

No comments:

Post a Comment