Saturday, 16 January 2010
Fourth year. Listening: Centralization of money
Click here to watch a video on the centralization of money in America and answer the questions below.
- mint: a place where a country makes its coins and paper money
- Comstock Lode: The major US discovery of silver ore
- BEP: Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
1. What was the monetary situation in USA when Thomas Jefferson became secretary of state?
2. Who controlled the nation's currency?
3. Why were so many varieties of bills circulating?
4. What problem was added when gold was discovered in Georgia?
5. Who was Templeton Reid? Why is he important?
6. What did Congress do in 1838?
7. What is the FED?
Click here to read the answers.