Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr's Day. As you know, Martin Luther King is considered a relevant figure in the Civil Rights Movement in America. Here's a video about the history of this movement, and some questions to complete.
1. What did the end of the Civil War bring about?
2. Why didn't blacks vote in the 1870s?
3. What did the supreme court rule in the case of Plessy v Ferguson?
4. What was the result of applying Jim Crow Laws?
5. What was the goal of NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People)?
6. What happened in the fall of 1955?
7. What kind of manifestations took place for the Civil Rights Movement?
8. Who were called the Little Rock Nine?
9. What did President Kennedy do in 1963?
10. What positive and negative results brought the Voting Rights Act in 1965?
11. What group and leader exemplify the extremist ideology opposite to extremist groups like Ku Klux Klan?
Click here to check your answers.